|Our Church History|
Before a church was built, Sunday School and prayer services were held in the Lockamy School House which was built of logs.
The first church was organized by Rev. George Underwood in 1886. It was built with lumber given by different families in the community. The construction of the first church was completed by men in the community and the name 'Christian Light' was chosen.
In 1931, the existing brick building, now in use, was constructed. All of the labor and materials were donated by families in the community. In 1957 a new Sunday School annex was added.
In July, 1971, the church voted to become an independent church.
In 1989, Pastor Jimmy Elliott began his ministry at Christian Light.
By the grace of God our church has truly been blessed for these 115 years. May the Lord lead us in everything we do in His name; for without Him we can do nothing.
This site was last updated 01/08/07